I have been facilitating personal and spiritual growth for over 35 years in a wide variety of settings and modalities and I was a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist for approximately 15 of those years. I have been practicing Psychological Astrology for the past 14 years and have been approved by ACS.
My Sun sign is in Capricorn and my readings are grounded and practical. However I also have a deep appreciation for the mystical, the mysterious, the unknown and the magic of the Universe. I work to provide both solid and useful information and to also support you in trusting your deepest sense of knowing and going beyond your mind to your intuitive wisdom.
I love the validation provided by each person’s Astrological Chart. It is amazing to witness people feel seen and heard on the deepest level. Often from just one reading, people find that they stop fighting with themselves, and instead begin to enhance their natural gifts and talents, working to be their best selves and evolve, rather than trying to be something that they are not.
I have always been a teacher in one form or another. In high school, they used to call me the computer that wore tennis shoes. Seriously! I would walk around the class (in sneakers of course, it was the 70’s) and help the other students with their geometry. I invited all my friends over for pizza and chemistry homework help on a weekly basis.
One of my nicknames was ‘Sai Babs’; my workshop junkie friends had a joke – when they didn’t know how to support others, they would ask themselves, ‘How would Barbara do it?
I have many varied interests, all of which I love to share about, teach and explore.
As soon as I learn something, I find myself in a position to teach it to others. I don’t proport to be an expert at anything, but rather prefer to teach from my personal understanding and from information that has been passed on to me from others. Nothing I say is meant to be ‘believed’ or followed.
My main intention is to support people in coming up with their own answers. I love encouraging people to question themselves, to contemplate, to discuss, to think, to feel, and to re-evaluate their beliefs. I love supporting people in becoming their best selves and in making their own choices.
Who am I?
- I am a married woman with 29 years of marriage and a passionate loving husband.
- A kitty mama
- A Transformational Relationship Seminar Leader.
- A teacher who is inspired to teach everything I learn and who loves empowering people to be the best that they can be.
- An Intuitive and educated Astrology chart interpreter & teacher
- A blogger
- A recovered eating disorder person
- An ex therapist
- A person who once had cancer
My Career History
- Creating, Writing, Producing, Directing & Leading Workshops
- Teaching Counseling
- Teaching Yoga
- Running Organizations
- Being a Private Practice Therapist for Individuals, Couples & Groups
- Working inpatient Recovery for Teenage Alcoholics and their families
- Managing Group Homes
- Restaurant Management & all aspects of Restaurant work
I am Passionate About
- My Husband
- My Kitties
- The Computer, my iphone, my techno gadgets & social media
- Mysore Ashtanga Yoga
- Wakeboarding, Wakesurfing & tubing
- Photography, Graphic Design & Video Editing
- Psychological Astrology
- Workshops, Personal Growth, Spiritual Expansion
- Playing the Piano, Singing & Music
WHAT CLIENTS & STUDENTS SAY
Barbara’s compassion, wisdom, and sometimes otherworldly intuition can leave one feeling seen, heard, and understood in a way that perhaps they never were before. Her personal chart readings are often radical shifts, helping people free themselves up, and ignite passion and purpose, to move towards who they’ve always been.